Have You Been Affected by HIV or AIDS?
Authored By: Legal Services Alabama
The HIV/AIDS Reach Program (H.A.R.P.) provides free legal services to eligible clients in Alabama. To qualify you must be:
- Low-income; AND
- Be HIV+; OR
- Be the spouse or child of someone who's HIV+; OR
- Have an HIV-related legal issue.
H.A.R.P. provides the following free legal services to eligible clients:
- Public Benefits (Social Security; Medicaid; Medicare; Food Stamps/SNAP)
- Discrimination (Housing; Education; and Employment based on HIV/AIDS status)
- Future Planning (Wills; Powers of Attorney; Advance Health Care Directives)
- Assistance with Debtor Problems (Debt Collection; Bankruptcy)
- Housing (Evictions; Landlord/Tenant Issues; Foreclosures)
- Assistance to Survivors of Domestic Violence
Contact a H.A.R.P. Attorney at (334) 223-0244 or Apply Online