Other Family Issues
Authored By: Legal Services Alabama
1. Will my child be able to get emergency medical care if I cannot be reached by telephone?
- Yes. A licensed doctor may provide emergency medical care or treatment to any minor who has been injured in an accident or who is suffering from an acute illness, disease, or condition if delay in providing the care will endanger the health or physical wellbeing of the minor.
2. How can I get counseling for myself or my family?
- Mental Health Agencies and others provide counseling services on an ongoing basis.
- After a natural disaster, additional providers will be available.
- Information on disaster counseling is usually made available through public information announcements after the disaster.
- You should also check with hospitals and other mental health agencies in your community.
3. How can I find out about Mental Health resources in my area?
- Check the website of the Alabama Department of Mental Health at www.mh.alabama.gov.
Reviewed March 2012
AlabamaLegalHelp.org offers legal information, not legal advice. We try hard to make sure this website accurately explains your rights and options. However, the site does not apply the law to your personal facts. For this sort of legal advice, you should call a lawyer. To apply for free legal services in Alabama, call the Legal Services Alabama office that is closest to where you live OR call toll-free 1-866-456-4995. You can also apply online at intake.alsp.org.