Self Help Legal Information

Other Consumer Problems

3 Resource(s) Found

Motion to Stop Wage Garnishment (with Declaration and Claim of Exemption for Wages)

PS-20: If your wages are being garnished, you may use this form to ask the Court to protect at least $1,000 of your paycheck. (This form is NOT for judgments related to child support, personal injury, or car accidents.)

Request to Continue Trial

PS-18: Form to be used to request to continue or postpone or "put off" a trial.

Protect Your Social Security and SSI

Creditors and other people with a judgment against you will often have the Sheriff serve papers on your bank. The papers tell the bank to use your account to pay the judgment. Answer five important questions in this document to see if you can protect your money.

Back to top