Self Help Legal Information

Other Families Problems

8 Resource(s) Found
Filter By:

Affidavit of Substantial Hardship

Form C-10: If you ask the court for any of the following - Visitation with a minor child, Change of custody or visitation, Change in child support or Establish paternity (who is the legal father) - you also may need to file this form.

First Petition for Child Custody

Form PS-05: Use this form only if this is the FIRST custody order for your children. To CHANGE an order, use form PS-07 above. Important! You MUST file this form in the same county where the children live.

Request to Change the Current Custody or Visitation Order

Form PS-07: Please read "How to Change a Custody or Visitation Order" above before using this form. (You must have a PDF reader on your computer to open this document. To get Adobe’s PDF Reader, click on the Get Adobe Reader icon to download.)

Request to Continue Trial

PS-18: Form to be used to request to continue or postpone or "put off" a trial.

Getting and Keeping Custody of Your Children

What can I do to get a Court to give me custody of my children? If there's a Court order and my husband isn't following it, do I have to? What if the court gave custody to my husband? Answers to these questions and more are in this document.

I Have an Ex Parte Protection Order: How Do I Get Custody of My Children?

When can I get custody of my children? My husband says he will get custody. Will he? What can I do to make it more likely I'll get custody? Answers to these questions and much more here.

Moving When You Have a Custody Order

As of September 1, 2003, when a Court in Alabama gives joint physical custody or gives one parent custody and the other visitation, the Court's order will tell each parent what they have to do if they want to move. The first step for a parent is sending a notice to the other parent by certified mail. Can your ex stop you from moving? What happens if your ex files papers? What do you need to show in Court? This document answers these questions and more.

Save Those Papers!

In order to protect your rights, you may need to use papers others have given you. This fact sheet tells you what papers you should save.

Back to top