Name Change

Self Help Legal Information

Other Families Problems

1 Resource(s) Found
Filter By:

Adult Name Changes in Alabama

In Alabama, you must be 19 or older to legally change your name. Probate Court has original jurisdiction over all matters regarding name changes. Each county in Alabama has a probate court, with the exception of Jefferson County, which has two.   A Petition for Name Change must be filed with the court in the county in which the Petitioner (the person filing the petition) resides..

Back to top