Birmingham Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Program
Who We Are
The Birmingham Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Program is a non-profit that implements programs to encourage volunteer attorneys to provide equal justice to low-income citizens of Jefferson County.
Who We Serve
- Jefferson County
- Your family's income should be at or below the following percentage of the federal poverty level
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
- Eligibility Restrictions
This program does not serve: Undocumented Non-Citizens
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Full Legal Representation
- Brief Advice
- Self-Help Materials
How to Get Help
You can contact this organization by:
Legal Clinic +
- Phone Number
The BVLP holds help desks three times a week in order to reach citizens that need legal advice and assistance. Volunteer attorneys are available at these help desks to discuss legal issues.
The District Court Help Desk is Monday and Thursday from 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m on the 5th floor at the Jefferson County Courthouse.
The Domestic Relations Help Desk is Wednesday from 8:30 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. at the Domestic Relations Courthouse on 7th Avenue.
Please bring any forms or paperwork relevant to your legal issue with you to the help desk, such as divorce decrees, child support orders, eviction notices, leases, etc.