Alabama Disaster Area
Authored By: Legal Services Alabama
What Alabama counties have been designated for disaster assistance as a result of the April 2014 Alabama storms?
What is a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) and what services do they provide?
A Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) is a readily accessible facility or mobile office where applicants may go for information about FEMA or other disaster assistance programs. You can also go to a DRC for questions related to your case.
NOTE: You can register for assistance at a DRC or call 1-800-621-3362. Hearing/speech impaired ONLY Call TTY: 1-800-462-7585.
Some of the services that a DRC may provide are:
- Guidance regarding disaster recovery
- Clarification of any written correspondence received
- Housing Assistance and Rental Resource information
- Answers to questions, resolution to problems and referrals to agencies that may provide further assistance
- Status of applications being processed by FEMA
- SBA program information if there is an SBA Representative at the Disaster Recovery Center site
AlabamaLegalHelp.org offers legal information, not legal advice. This website provides information on your rights and options. However, the site does not apply the law to your personal facts. For legal advice, you should call a lawyer. To apply for free legal services in Alabama, call the Legal Services Alabama office that is closest to where you live OR call toll-free 1-866-456-4995. You can also apply online HERE.