Can I Still Be Evicted in Alabama During the COVID-19 Pandemic?
Authored By: Legal Services Alabama
There is currently no eviction ban for most tenants in Alabama.
If you are facing eviction, you can call Legal Services Alabama at 1-866-456-4995 for legal help or apply online HERE.
If you are a homeowner facing foreclosure, find more information here.
- You must file an answer within 7 days (of the date you are served) if an eviction is filed against you.
- Here is a sample answer form.
- Courts in Alabama have started having in-person hearings again. This varies by county.
- Many courts are also holding virtual eviction hearings by video conferencing services like Zoom.
- You should receive a notice from the court of your hearing date.
- The notice should say if your hearing is in-person or virtual.
- If it is in-person, it should tell you where to go.
- If it is virtual, you should have information on how to join the virtual hearing.
- Call your county courthouse if you have questions.
If you are facing eviction - have received a notice, court papers, or think you'll be behind on your rent - call Legal Services Alabama at 1-866-456-4995 or apply online HERE.