Court Proceedings SUSPENDED Through April 30, 2020
- All* in-person court proceedings in Alabama state courts have been suspended due to COVID-19 through April 30, 2020.
- Order from Alabama Supreme Court March 13, 2020 - click for emergency exceptions and more details
- Click here for more information from the Alabama State Bar, including on appearances in bankruptcy courts
- In-person hearings suspended until April 30, 2020
All* in-person court proceedings in Alabama state courts have been suspended due to COVID-19 through April 30, 2020.
UPDATE: In-person hearings have been suspended through April 30, 2020.
- If you are a current Legal Services Alabama client, call your attorney to find out what you need to do.
- If you do not know who your attorney is, call the local office or the Call Center at 1-866-456-4995.
- If you are NOT a current LSA client and do not have an attorney, you can call your courthouse directly if you have questions. You may not need to call. You should receive something in the mail about your new court date.
* Except for certain emergency proceedings, including PFA (Protection from Abuse) hearings and some other emergency family law cases, which are NOT suspended.