This is Alabama's Elderly Simplified Application Project (AESAP).
The Alabama Elderly Simplified Application Project (AESAP) was created to simplify the Food Assistance Program application process for households where all members are age 60 or older, and have no earned income.
- All household members are 60 years of age and older on the date of application.
- No earned income in the the month of application.
- Income and resource limits are the same as for any other food assistance household.
- Two Page Application (Front/Back)
- Three year certification
- No face-to-face interview unless requested by the household
- Household self-declares eligibility information, unless questionable (see verification requirements below for exceptions)
- Benefits calculated the same as any other food assistance household
- Household must submit an annual Interim Contact Form (to be system generated)
- Medical expenses (if claiming deduction)
- Non-citizen status
- Questionable information
Click here for the simplified application. The application requires a PDF requires a PDF Reader. To get Adobe's PDF Reader, click on the Get Adobe Reader icon to download.
Additional Information You May Need
Reviewed January 2021
AlabamaLegalHelp.org offers legal information, not legal advice. We try hard to make sure this website accurately explains your rights and options. However, the site does not apply the law to your personal facts. For this sort of legal advice, you should call a lawyer. To apply for free legal services in Alabama, call the Legal Services Alabama office that is closest to where you live OR call toll-free 1-866-456-4995. You can also apply online at intake.org.