Getting Health Insurance under "OBAMACARE" 1-800-318-2596
Authored By: Legal Services Alabama
Sign up now for health insurance!
- The 6-month open enrollment period began October 1 and ended March 31.
- If you started applying before March 31 but never finished, you may be able to finish enrolling during April.
Where do I go to sign up?
- Go to www.healthcare.gov.
- If you have trouble with the web site, call Toll-Free 1-800-318-2596 for the name of someone who can help you sign up.
What if I want to sign up now?
- Most people will have to wait until the next open enrollment period.
You can enroll earlier if:
- You just lost your health insurance
- You just got married
- You just had a baby
- If you had a change that lets you enroll, you have 60 days in which to do it.
- If you sign up by the 15th of a month, your coverage will start the first day of the next month.
- If you sign up after the 15th of a month, your coverage will start the first day of the month after the next.
Want more information? Read about The Health Insurance Marketplace