Injured Spouse Claim

Authored By: Low Income Tax Payer Clinic (LITC) - Legal Services Alabama

Has the IRS kept your federal tax refund because your husband or wife owes money? An Injured Spouse Claim may help you get part or all of the refund. Who can file? How and when do I file? Where do I send Form 8379? How long will it take the IRS to respond? View this for answers to these questions and how to get help. (You must have a PDF reader on your computer to open this document. To get Adobe’s PDF Reader, click on the Get Adobe Reader icon to download.)

Last Review and Update: Jul 31, 2012
Back to top