Other Family Issues

Authored By: Legal Services Alabama


Will my child be able to get emergency medical care if I cannot be reached by telephone?

  • Yes. A licensed doctor may provide emergency medical care or treatment to any minor who has been injured in an accident or who is suffering from an acute illness, disease, or condition if delay in providing the care will endanger the health or physical wellbeing of the minor.

How can I get counseling for myself or my family?

  • Mental Health Agencies and others provide counseling services on an ongoing basis.
  • After a natural disaster, additional providers will be available.
  • Information on disaster counseling is usually made available through public information announcements after the disaster.
  • You should also check with hospitals and other mental health agencies in your community.

How can I find out about Mental Health resources in my area?

Reviewed May 2014

AlabamaLegalHelp.org offers legal information, not legal advice. This website provides information on your rights and options. However, the site does not apply the law to your personal facts. For legal advice, you should call a lawyer. To apply for free legal services in Alabama, call the Legal Services Alabama office that is closest to where you live OR call toll-free 1-866-456-4995. You can also apply online HERE.

Last Review and Update: May 14, 2014
Back to top